When we started farming in 1992 as newly weds, we were continuing a family tradition of agriculture. Gradually our kitchen and flower gardens expanded. The hobby greenhouse was replaced by larger greenhouses, and the vegetable garden moved out of the yard and into the farm fields. Our family has grown to include four children and one dog. Everyone is involved, with Melvin managing the crop rotation, soil and animal nutrition side of things while Joanna is in charge of the garden centre and farm market. Our children work with us gaining valuable experience and fostering an awareness of nature. Our goal is to preserve the values of the faith, family and good stewardship for the following generations.
We are members of:
- Harriston Horticultural Society - Director
- Ontario Farm Fresh Marketing Association
- Golden Horseshoe Feeder Finance Co-op - Director
- Minto Chamber of Commerce
- Taste Real
- Butter Tarts & Buggies Trail