Every year we grow and harvest hay, wheat and corn to supply our cattle with feed and bedding. We are enrolled in the Ontario Corn Fed Beef program. Visit the Ontario Corn Fed Beef website for videos of all aspects of beef production on these Ontario farms. Learn all about this quality assurance program that requires the farmer to have completed a livestock medicines course, keep detailed records, and feed to certain specifications. Regular lab analysis of crop samples show what minerals are deficient and what supplement is needed to compensate.
We source weaned Black Angus calves from ranches in Saskatchewan. We find these cattle very hardy, with fewer health issues. Most of them are ready for slaughter at about 20 to 24 months of age, producing young, tender beef. Black Angus are noted for their excellent marbling, an indication of juiciness and flavor.
Steaks and roasts are vacuum packed. Ground beef is brown paper wrapped, in 1 lb packages. All our meats are frozen, which helps prevent cross contamination with our fresh produce.
- Blade Steak -7.39/lb
- Rib Steak -10.49/lb
- Sirloin Steak -11.59/lb
- T-Bone Steak - 14.99/lb
- Tenderloin Steak - 18.99/lb
- Sirloin Tip Roast - 8.29/lb
- Prime Rib Roast - 9.99/lb
- Ground Beef - 4.39/lb
- All Beef Burgers, 4 pack - 5.79 ea
- All Beef Burgers, case of 42 - 55.00 ea
- All Beef Pepperettes, honey garlic or hot - 4.99/ 6pk
For beef recipes, visit www.makeitontariobeef.ca
We also raise a small amount of free range chickens. These robust birds provide an eating experience that does not compare with commercial chicken available at the supermarket meat case.
- whole birds at 3.99/lb, with a weight range of 7 to 10 lb each
- boneless skinless breast 8.99/lb
- thighs, skin on, bone in - 4.89/ lb
- drums - 4.49/ lb
- split wings - 6.99/ lb
- backs and necks for soup broth - 1.99/lb
Try free range chicken - old enough to be nutritious and flavorful, young enough to be tender!